Thursday, April 2, 2009

SONLIGHT MISSIONS

We were blessed once again with a small and hard working group from Sonlight Missions from Uniontown PA. Led by Bill and Sharon Layhue, this group built an extension to the Soup Kitchen, painted and put new curtains at Jesse's church, and ministered at the orphanage and around town. It was a blessing to have them. Here are some testimonies and pictures:

I came here with intentions of working because the group needed a mason. I have been brought up in a Christian family all my life. But I can not say that I have always lived my life for Christ. I have strayed from the path of God many times, and some times been so far in the dark I thought the light of day would never be seen again. When we sat in the kitchen and listened to one of the most compelling testimonies I have ever hearde by Adalberto, it spoke to me in ways I can't write on this paper. God has really worked on me these few days. He has broken me down piece by piece from the inside out. This would not have happened so soon if I had not come. I am returning to the states a changed person. - Josh

My parents have been coming to San Luis for quite some time. I finally made it here and I feel so fortunate. The people of San Luis have blessed me more than I could have envisioned. I can't wait to come back. - Josh

I came to try to be a blessing and God healed my heart while I was here. I know I will be back! this orphanage is a beautiful and blessed place! - Cora

This was my second time here, and again my heart was moved to help the people. To get a closer look at how others live, my eyes are opened to the need around the world for food, Jesus Christ and love. Whether it be the children at the orphanage or the people working at the dump they all need love from us and love from the Lord. It is a privileged to be able to help them as much as we did. I was overjoyed to spend the week with people who love the Lord and have a heart to serve but I was especially thrilled to have my oldest son join us on this trip. I'll see you again next year if not sooner to help any way I can. - Janet

It was a great trip. Our son came with us this time and he loved it. We have been hoping he would get a chance to come. Everything here runs so smoothly you guys are doing a great job here and the Oasis kids all seem so happy and the boys do also. You are such a blessing. - Sharon



T

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This group is amazing! I was really impressed with their hard work and willingness to serve ANY way that they could. We were blessed to share our time at Bethel with them! Each of us enjoyed getting to know them better and hope to see them again at Bethel someday.