Tuesday, April 21, 2009

APRIL REPORT PART ONE

Are you ready for a Blogathon? I am finally getting all my stuff together to bombard the CHM blog with info and pictures that will bless your socks off. Enjoy the next few reports, tell your friends and let us know what you think.

First off, I want to tell you about our week with Grove City College and Belle Vernon Christian Center. These two groups worked together to bring the gospel to young and old in San Luis. Grove City did an Easter Vacation VBS at the soup kitchen and Bethel. They had a nice program which used Dora the Explorer - Hey, Dora Diego and Swiper all get saved! You can't beat that! Belle Vernon did a wonderful YWAM drama "Doors" throughout the city, reaching hundreds with a powerful presentation of the Gospel. Both groups worked together to paint the Eden School and church and also ministered in Rehab Centers. It was a busy week full of blessings. Here are some testimonies for you:

This is my third trip to San Luis. Every experience is more amazing than the last. I am a shy person, and it took three trips for me to finally share my testimony. I did it at the prison. I spoke of Exodus 4:10-12. God told Moses to go to Pharaoh. He said he wasn't eloquent of speech, but God said he had a message for him. I had a message to share about how much God loves each and every one of them. When Ken gave his testimony, it was like he was speaking my life story. I wished I was more outgoing...but never really prayed for it. Now I will pray for boldness. I will let God work through me. Ken's testimony surely pierced my heart! - Amy, Belle Vernon

This was my first mission trip and it definitely will not be the last! Caring Hearts is so welcoming and loving. Even San Luis. The people are so open and willing to allow you to help them come closer to God. Hundreds of people's lives were changed just from one week and one group. One of those lives is mine. I will never be able to wake up one day without thinking about the children of San Luis. - Sarah, Belle Vernon

It never ceases to amaze me how alive the people in San Luis are. The presence of the Lord is so ever present here. As much as we minister to the Mexican people while we are here, they influence us just as much. We met the needs of many adults and children especially their needs for salvation. San Luis has a special place in my heart! - Bob, Grove City

This was my second time on a trip to Bethel and I have felt so blessed to be a part of the ministry here. I have grown (very quickly!) to love each and everyone of the amazing kids of San Luis. The Lord is in this place. The brothers and sisters who make Caring Hearts possible are truly following the call to be His hands and feet; to be a light in a dark place. As a young believer, the men and woman here have been amazing role models for the faith and I am forever thankful for their example to me. Caring Hearts touches the lives of many people in San Luis - children and adults - but they also touch the lives of other believers who see the love of God through their work. I only hope I have blessed people here half as much as the people of San Luis and Caring Hearts have blessed me. - Alicia, Grove City

Being here at Bethel has without a doubt been one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The children here have such joy that is contagious, and there is something so special about this place. I felt so close to God whil I was here, and he is definitely present in San Luis and at Bethel. You can see His love in these precious children. I feel so blessed to have been here and it is breaking my heart to leave. I will definitely be back! - Kaity, Grove City

This is my second year at Bethel Orphanage with Grove City College, and it has been amazing to see what God has done since I have been here last. Once again the people of San Luis have taught and impacted me in wayt that I never thought possible. I have learned so much about self-sacrifice,sincerity and true joy in the Lord from interaction with the people here. The thing that impacted me most is the difference between the children here and in the U.S. The children at that orphanage and the boy's home seem so sincere in their faith. They are so joyful and grateful for everything they have, in spite of their circumstances. Watching the joy on their faces as they sing song and play games is absolutely amazing. I have never seen anything comparable in the States! Overall this trip was a truly wonderful experience and I truly hopee to return again. - Katie, Grove City

This week has been an amazing journey. I loved all the kids and everyone works here. I barely slapt at all but the joy from the kids kept me going. Everyone was so receptive here. The people here are much more open than in the United States. They welcome you with open arms and sincerely care about you. Everyone in the drug rehab centers and the prison were so thankful that we came. They wanted to pray for us rather than we pray for them. The boys at Oasis are great kids and good at soccer (even though we beat them). I felt God working in my life during this trip, it made me realize how commercialized America is. People here are so content they have nothing. this has been an awesome experience for me and I thank the people of Caring Hearts for everything. - Matthew, Grove City

I learned how materialistic and selfish I was even though I never thought I was before. The kids and the boys at Oasis are so giving and selfless even though they have much less. So often we take what we have for granted, but I will try not to do this anymore. This week inspired me to try to live more for Jesus, to set and establish meaningful goals for my life and follow through on them. - Daniel, Grove City

This is my third year coming to San Luis with Caring Hearts. I am never disappointed when I come here. Everytime is different and always changes my life. I wait all year to come back. I am always overwhelmed by the love these kids have to share. The boys at Oasis especially overwhelm me because they may look tough but many are softies and just long to be loved. It's so amazing to watch and see the difference we make in these kids lives. I hope that I have made their life better and I know they have made mine better! I love this place so much and can't wait to come back! - Brittany, Grove City

My trip to Caring Hearts was wonderful. Spending time with the children was such a blessing. Time at the rehab centers was also amazing, one of the best parts of the trip and most stretching. Watching one of my trip companions form a special bond with one of the children was the highlight of the trip. I pray the children and staff were both blessed along with the community - Erica, Grove City

Enjoy some pictures from this week.

No comments: