Friday, April 3, 2009

ARIZONA STATE TESTIMONY


Here is a testimony from Maggie who visited us with a group of college students from Arizona State:

One memory that really impacted my life was the garbage dump in Mexico. You could just feel God's presence when we stepped off the van. He was there with us and the people that lived and worked there. People got to give testimonies and pray for the people there. Rachel, Renee, and I got to pray for one girl who was probably about 12 or so. She didn't understand very much English and we didn't speak much Spanish. I asked her in Spanish if I could pray for her and she said yes. We prayed in English and when we were done, she was crying. I know that she felt God's presence and even though she had no idea what we said, I know she knew God was real. With this prayer, God showed me and i think this young girl that He is our father and will forever be our father. Even in awful situations in life where things aren't perfect, He is still proud and supportive of us. I don't know if this girl was a Christian, believed in God, or even had an earthly father present in her life, but I think God was with us in that prayer to tell us He is our Daddy and He always will be.

No comments: