Monday, December 8, 2008

LEBANON TESTIMONIES PART 4


I love seeing how God is working here and watching his plan unfold. When I came 7 years ago, Rosita played a plastic guitar in the playground, now she and her brother have the greatest rock and roll band in all of San Luis. The second time I came, I painted the tables and walls at Oasis and now I can see how God has used that home to raise up those boys. We put up the drywall in the teacher's dorms on my third trip and this trip I attended a very moving Bible study in the same building. I cannot wait to see the miraculous plans God has in store for Ken's house and the children of Bethel and Oasis. I hope it is in God's plan to have me continue to serve in San Luis and I will be back soon to see more of God's plan unfolding. - Max


When I first heard about this trip, I wasn't too exited about it. Going to another country was a scary thought for me. As the days grew closer to the day we left I became very scared. I was scared of what I was going to see in Mexico and how it would change me. After this experience, I would give up anything, any holiday, or an special event to come back to Mexico and do this all over again. I wish the week wouldn't end becuase Caring Hearts has become like a home to me. I will miss it and everyone associated with the orphanage. - Shane


This is my second trip here. As with my first, I leave here with a greater determination to deepen my faith in Jesus Christ and to be a bolder and more consistent witness for the Gospel. The time spent with the children of Bethel and Oasis is priceless. It is very easy to see the work of the Holy Spirit in San Luis in the community as well as Bethel and Oasis. I learn so much about myself and my faith when I am here. I feel that I receive much more than I give on these trips. It is my hope and prayer that God will lead me back here again. - Dave

No comments: