Friday, December 5, 2008

LEBANON TESTIMONIES PART 2


When I first thought of visiting Mexico, I though of how many live I was going to touch. It truly has been the other way around. Being with the people here has given me a new view on life. I have seen people who had next to nothing, living in cardboard boxes and eating food they find in dump sites, smiling as they work and play because even though to us they have nothing, to them they have God and that is all they need. I saw in every child's face, all the faces of the people at the nursing home and on the streets, God smiling back at me because people here were so full of love and the Holy Spirit. It was a life changing experience to be here, and I will never forget it. - Curtis


Before this trip, my spiritual life was stagnant. I felt like it was the same repititious routine: Go to church, pray before bed and that was about it. Thank God for this trip because it opened my eyes to a whole new perspective as to how to live my life. The children/adults of San Luis contain an energy for God that is lacking in the majority of people where I live. I hope I can make it back because this trip truly changed my life. Thank you Caring Hearts. - Zach

No comments: