Wednesday, March 31, 2010

WILLAMETTE COMMUNITY CHURCH

We were blessed with a group from Albany Oregon, the Willamette Community Church. They did some shut in visits and spent time with our kids. They also ministered in our church, rehab centers, and home Bible study. They blessed Sister Hilda and her church with a program as well and spent some time at the brickyards. They also ministered in another town close by where they have long time friends who have a church. They helped a shut in who was being kicked out of her borrowed house. They also spent time at the boy's home. A special blessing with this group: 3 of the families brought 9 children between the ages 0f 4 and 9. They were our youngest missionary group, and they had a blast. I admire this group who trusted God and followed the call despite all the warnings that come from the world about Mexico. If you have any doubts about coming to Mexico, I want you to remember this group of little missionaries. They dared to come and they were blessed...what is stopping you??? Enjoy the pictures and testimonies.




I guess my testimony would be that I never thought that it was possible to love so many children who are strangers. I will never forget the time I spent with the kids. I love them all. - Jessica



Thank you for giving me the opportunity to visit and be a part of the different ministries in San Luis and Tabasco. The people are so warm and accommodating. Caring Hearts is a wonderful ministry helping those with great needs, filling the gaps where parents and relatives are not available now or are absent. - Daryl




Overall experience has been excellent. A total blessing from above and I whish to have a chance to come back as soon as possible. - Julio

Caring Hearts was a wonderful place to stay and experience Mexico for the first time. It gave me an opportunity to experience and share Gods' love with the people of San Luis and the surrounding communities. - Jeff

I enjoyed sharing with the children. I saw the power of prayer and how it helped people. I enjoyed the camaraderie. I was surprised at the wonderful accommodations and the compound. - Gil

did not know how God could use me since I do not speak spanish. God provided translators and people whom hearts were ready to hear the gospel. I saw lives change, and I changed a little bit every time I saw God work. I thank God for this experience, because it renewed a right spirit in me. - Leona

God is powerful and answers prayers! We saw many miracles and Gods' provision. God was saving people - they were receptive and grateful. The Mexican people are very warm and loving, and we felt welcome. God kept us safe and united, and we developed great relationships with each other, and prayed more sincerely together.
Thank you, Ken, and your staff - God Bless ! - Jeaninne

This was an awesome trip for a group of thirty with an age range of five - fifty-eight. The variety of skills and talents were matched with a variety of ministry opportunities: serving food to poor at the dump, assisting a single mom in moving, ministering to the kids at Bethel, playing soccer with the older kids at the boys' home, visiting the shut-ins, helping with building projects at nearby Tabasco, presenting dramas on the street and at services. The facility at Bethel provided us a home base with all the accommodations we needed to restore and prepare ourselves for our daily outings. We were all changed from our experiences during the week. Our praise goes to God, to Him all the glory, and our thanks to the helpful brothers and sisters in San Luis. - Brian

God made me aware of my sin of self interests. Through the ministry of Gods' Word and conviction of His Spirit, God has opened my heart and mind to the interest of others. Philippians 2:2-4 - Larry

At first when my dad told me I was going, I did not really want to, but when I got here I fell in love with the kids. I loved helping them and being their friend. I got attached with them and it was really hard to say good bye. The person who showed the most love to me was Diego. It is really sad to leave, but I WILL BE BACK. I got to see lots of things. Their best houses here are one of the normal houses in America. We helped paint a church in Tabasco, move a lady to a different house, pass out food at the dump, to go to drug rehab centers, etc. I loved this trip and I will never forget this experience. - Adam (Age 13)
Caring Hearts, on behalf of Adam, I want to thank you for helping shape his life forever. I am grateful for all that you offer.
Sincerely,
Scott Miller
Adam's dad.

No comments: