Tuesday, March 30, 2010

CHI ALPHA GROUP FROM PRESCOTT, AZ


A annual spring break tradition continued this year with a visit from Kevin McFee and students from the Chi Alpha group of Embry Riddle University in Prescott Arizona. This year they put new roofs on the homes of two needy families, ministered to the children, garbage dump and shut ins. They also were involved in our church service. Here are some testimonies:

"Love and be loved, nothing else matters. " Mother Theresa
I have an opportunity here to share a part of my life with people who are not as blessed I have been. Nothing can replace the joy and peace in my heart when I share the love of God with the kids and people here at Bethel. Now, I need to take the stories and memories and not just share them with my family and friends, but to continue to love and share Gods' love with all people. - Andrew
As a campus pastor, it was great watching our students take part of their spring break to give back and do something that matters. They could have gone to a beach some where and spent tons of money on themselves, instead they chose to come to an orphanage and use their funds to bless the children and people of San Luis. - Matt

I have learned a lot about love in this trip. The fact that people who have so little can give so much back in return for us helping, says a lot about Gods' love. - Caitlin

No comments: