Saturday, March 6, 2010

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE


We were very blessed this past week with a group from The Answer is Jesus International Slavic Ministries. They are from Minnesota, but all are from different countries of the Ex-Soviet Union, including Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova and Russia. It was a lot of fun learning a new language! Slava Bogu means Glory to God in Russian. They ministered with our pastors inviting people door to door, did village ministry, visited shut ins and shared in three churches and two rehab centers. We also went to one of the southern farming towns for the first time. Many people received the Lord at all the services we did. Here are some photos and testimonies.



This was my first mission trip. God touched my heart, and I fell in love with Mexico. - Val


I am Maria, I am 15 years old. This was my first missions trip. I fell in love with Mexico and its people. God used me in this place more than any other to serve people and he also touched me like I have never been touched. I just want to say that if you want to serve God in some way then just pray. He will answer your prayer! He always does! Because He answered mine. He wanted me to come to Mexico and serve people, so I did. There is nothing impossible for our God. Ask Him for something, he will give it to you, but when it is His time and you have to believe that what you are asking for will come true in order to receive it from God! You must have faith! - Maria



My name is Lena. I am originally from Kherson, Ukraine. I have lived in the United States for 12 years now. This was my second time in Mexico, the first time with a missions team. Since I got to know Jesus personally, I will never be the same again. Even though it is not always easy to get out of my comfort zone, but once it is over, I have a great satisfaction. The ministry in the jail was unforgettable. I am sure that this is only the beginning of my missionary journey. I thank you for this opportunity to serve and learn, and thank you for arranging everything for us here! God bless you. - Lena



My name is Ella. I was born in a Christian family and I have always had what I needed. Because of that sometimes I would forget to thank God for what He gives me. I thought it was normal to have all that I need, but here, when I saw all those people and their needs, I understood that I have to be very thankful to God, for my family, my friends and all that I have. It was amazing to see all those open people and share God´s love with them. May God bless Mexico. - Ella



My name is Artsem. Well, I liked the oppoortunity to testify about my life. There was a great opportunity in the rehab center when we did our drama, I felt God´s touch there. That experience made me sure that I had to be here. I would like to write my whole experience, but it won't fit on the paper. God blessed me here. - Artsem.



On this missionary trip, God showed me that we don't have to be selfish because there are people around the world that have almost nothing, and that we fall into that 20% of the lucky people that actually live in houses and have everything that we need, the other 80% have almost nothing. I thank God for this trip so much. I loved it, thanks. - Nikita



I didn't think Mexico was going to be this way. It turned out better than I thought it would. God blessed me so much, through the kids, the crowd, the boys and the preaching! Everything was a seed to my heart, and now it is up to me to water it! I know God will bring me back. I will pray for you and your mission. Thank you again and again. I learned to be happy even when everything is not good and I don't have much. God bless. - Francisca



This was my first time going on a mission trip. I loved it! Thank God I could come to Mexico and serve people. - Vika



This was my first time talking to people, praying for them and bringing people to God. It just lifted me up and fulfilled my wish. I want to be a missionary more now and when I grow up, I will give my life to God, preaching and praying with people. This place has given me a boost. I am happy I did something for God. I always wanted more stuff, more games, fun toys and things I didn't need. I thought my house was bad and I am in a bad neighborhood. I just saw what these people had and just thought how lucky I am to live in America, but still these people are still happy and praising God like there is no tomorrow. They are so open. I just want God to bless these people. This place changed my life. I will tell more people about God now. I will come back, I can do a lot in my life still, I am only 13. I will live for God. Thank you for letting me come. God bless - Yarslav



No comments: