Thursday, March 25, 2010

GENEVA GROUP



For the second year in a row, a group from Geneva College blessed us in a different way. They stay at the Boy's Home, which really was a treat for the boys, and made them feel special. They helped us by painting the main building and the new water shed. They also ministered to shut ins, the dump, Bethel, the city orphanage and the Indian Village, and blessed our church with ministry as well. Here are some pictures and testimonies.

My week here at Oasis has been incredible. I could truly feel God working in me. His presence here is tangible, and I can feel His abundant life in a new way here. The staff at Caring Hearts did a great job leading our outreaches, guiding, translating, organizing, facilitating, opening doors, providing opportunities for us to see God working and to be worked in. Their lives are profound examples of faith and astounding testimonies. It has been a blessing to be here. - Risa

Throughout the entirety of the trip, I got to experience what family is truly about by seeing the boys and Pedro. I also learned about being a humble servant from watching the boys serve us. Lastly, I felt the true power of Gods' love and how he moves " especially " everywhere. - Mike

I learned the importance and significance of a smile this week while building relationships with the boys at Bethel. On Saturday, we were complete strangers with a language barrier. How do you even begin? It all started with a smile. It suddenly let me open up and the boys became more comfortable and the love was unleashed. I noticed how easy it is for me to love the people here, the boys, the women at the rehab center, the children at the city orphanage, and the people in the village. I need to love at home in the U.S.A. like I love here in San Luis. I want to love all I come in contact with. - Alice


This year was more amazing than the last . The boys at Oasis have become like our family and have so much life in them. Thru all our ministries this week, we were challenged to take a step out of our comfort zones and rely on the Holy Spirit to work thru us, each member giving a different part to the effort. All the staff were very encouraging and inspiring, and I believe we did some good this week. - Anna


This was my third time visiting. Every time is incredible. I prayed that my heart would be broken for things that break the heart of the Lord. I learned that God answers prayers even when it hurts. The impact that Caring Hearts has had on my life is something that I can not put into words. The boys at Oasis have instilled a hope in me these past years by sharing what they are learning from God and the people in their lives. I have learned intentionality. I struggle with being intentional with friends, family, and God but I learned a lot while I have been here in just one week. I always leave Mexico with a new joy that I learn from the staff and kids of Caring Hearts. Thank you Caring Hearts for making God so present in San Luis , see you soon ! - Kaylee


Mexico was fantastic. The people at Caring Hearts invite you to be a part of their family for the duration of the trip. I learned through Caring Hearts that the love of Jesus is universal. - Jeff

This trip to Mexico was amazing ! I loved being able to share Gods' love with various groups of people, even when I could not communicate thoroughly with words. I saw God in a whole new light. The people here have a passion for Him that is rare in America, which challenged how I view " faith. " We in America try to be so self sufficient that we push God to the back burner. In San Luis though, the people need God to get them through and the benefits of their relentless trust in Him are evident. The things I learned while on this trip will stay with me for a long while. - Kristen

Coming to San Luis could not have gone any better. Not to make comparisons of doing missions work, but I have gone to Tijuana twice before on mission trips, and I got so much more out of this San Luis trip. Not only did I get more out of it, but the relationships I built were stronger. The work we did was more hands on and right up in the front lines, and the spiritual growth was just amazing. The people of San luis are some amazing people who desperately need God in their lives. For just one week, we were able to help spread the good news through songs, words, prayer, our actions, and just making our best effort to show pure servant hood. This was such an amazing trip and I look forward to getting a chance to return next year. Muchas Gracias ! - Justin



The trip was such a blessing in my life. Oasis opened up to all of us and made us a part of the family from the very first day. The things done by the people here are truly inspirational as well as the stories of the people who do them. I plan on coming back next year because I am convinced that if there is one good decision God has allowed me to make, it was this trip. - Caleb

This trip to San Luis was amazing. God showed me His love and blessed me, and He showed me that He blesses people with so much more than material possessions. He also showed me that there is still so much more to do for Him. There are still so many people to reach, so many people looking for fulfillment but not knowing where to find it. There are so many people who are willing to listen, but you just need to talk. - Kyle

After seven years of leading trips to San Luis, this was the first year we did the shut-in ministry. We will definitely do it again as it was very eye opening and gave a first hand look into the very difficult lives of some of San Luis most needy people. Each person we visited had a different story that I will take back with me and be able to remember in prayer. We also painted one womans' house, doing something specific to help her was a blessing for our whole group. - Karen

No comments: