Wednesday, March 31, 2010

ARIZONA STATE CHI ALPHA GROUP


We had a short visit from Shawn White and his students from the Arizona State University Chi Alpha group. They helped put a roof on our Bible School Teacher's Jesse's house and also helped paint one of the orphanage dorms. They ministered in the dump and had some good times at the Boy's Home. They also gave out ice cream and had fun with the kids at the Soup Kitchen. Here are some pictures and testimonies.

When we first pulled into Bethel and hopped out of the car, I was kind of nervous. One of our team members, Chad, spoke some spanish and started playing with the kids and they really liked him. I do not speak very much spanish, so I did not know how this would go. Suddenly, a little boy named Luis came up, hugged me and said, " Hola, Amiga! " That made me smile so big and know that the next few days was going to be amazing! - Morgan

When I came to Bethel, I came with this idea that I would be seeking in great ways. When I came, the first day we painted a white wall with white paint and played with children. That was not what I was expecting, but the Lord opened my eyes to see how great a help that it was. The kids need to see love in every way and even if I can not speak the language very well, I could still love them unconditionally. I also saw that the God Christians serve in Mexico is the same God I serve. Through the testimony of Alberto and others, I saw how the same spirit works in all of us. The faith the Mexicans have is the same as I have. God works miracles through willing vessels. - Alison



I put a new roof on the house of a local pastor. It will not let any rain in ! Now his his house will be a refuge for his community and a temple for the Lord ! It hit me deep as we prayed for the family and their tears hit the sand and touched my heart. I was moved and every bruised finger was worth it ! - Chad








No comments: