Friday, May 28, 2010

ACTS CHURCH, BEDFORD PA

After a long absence from Mexico, our friends from the ACTS Church in Bedford PA came to visit us once again. They helped paint our Bible School/Classrooms, ministered to the children, city orphanage and dump. They also spent time at The Hope House, a ministry for women here in town. Here are there testimonies and pictures.

My testimony is about the kids. It just makes me feel so joyful when we get out of the van to see all the kids running toward you and wanting to play. I have never seen so many friendly kids and I wish I could see more of it in the U. S. I get the best feeling ever when I see the kids and get to play with them. I am thankful I got to go on this trip and I am excited for future trips. - Josiah

This was my second trip and I loved it as much as the first. There is such a need for God and love in San Luis and being able to be a part of sharing God's love and word is just so awesome! When doing the VBS, we see kids that are not from Bethel, but those kids want to learn more of God's word as much as the rest. Seeing this helped show me that no matter what, I need to continue seeking more of Christ and sharing more of God's word. I love coming to San Luis and plan to come again in the future. - Justin

This was my second trip to San Luis. I knew what to expect, but this time my expectations were more than met. We arrived with greetings of love, and were sent home the same way. The people here are so receiving of the Gospel and can easier understand God's word and love through groups with Caring Hearts. People who have so little and strive for hospitality and comforts of others deserve so much appreciation. As we were walking the streets here, I didn't believe that we were handing out many fliers for VBS, but to my amazement, almost all of the kids we handed fliers to had come out. As always, my trip to San Luis was such a blessing and I hope to return soon ! Yo tengo un amigo que me ama, me ama, me ama, Su nombre es Jesus !!
Dios te Bendiga - Erika

My testimony would be dancing with the older girls and going to the dump. The older girls are really good with dances. Michaela and I taught them the dance "Shackles". I think they show their passion for God through dance. I feel they will get more comfortable with it. Going to the dump, really opened my eyes to see that they barely have anything. At home, we have so many things that we take for granted. This is my 3rd trip to Mexico. I love it here. God Bless. - Alyssa

This was my second trip to Bethel. I definitely had one of the best times of my life being here. First of all, there are the kids. They are so loving to everyone that they meet and it is impossible not to give them the same back. This time around, I know a lot more Spanish than the first time. It made interacting with everyone so much more enjoyable. I was able to understand a good bit of what people where saying. My Spanish speaking got a least twice as good. Going around to different places in San Luis was a great experience also. I got to see how horribly some people have to live. All in all, I loved being here and hope to be on any mission trips here in the future. - Jordan

This is my fourth trip to Bethel and each time I feel like it was a new experience. Like in the years previous, the kids always steal my heart. It is so easy to love them and get to know them, but it is so hard leaving them. In the future I would love to be able to stay longer than one week. I love coming to Mexico and being part of all of the ministries and spreading the gospel to all in San Luis. Part of my heart is and always will be with the kids here at Bethel and San Luis. I cannot wait to come again next year. I don’t think I can wait three years again. I love this place and cant wait to come back. God Bless. -Tyler

It was such a blessing to be back in San Luis again. Reuniting with old friends and making new friends was such a blessing. God is continually working in the lives of the people of San Luis. It was so encouraging to listen to the many testimonies of the shut ins who have received Gods presence when visited by other groups. It was so good to be back in San Luis but so hard to say goodbye to our special friends. May God continue to bless you!! See you soon. -Dee

This was my first mission trip and what a pleasure to share my time with the people of San Luis. While visiting shut ins I was both struck and humbled by the sincere gratitude of people who have so little, materially speaking. While visiting the dump, it was such a pleasure to be with a guide who cares deeply for people and treats all people with dignity and respect. The time spent with the children will be memories I will cherish for a life time! Precious children full of energy and life giving of themselves to total strangers. They are all so easy to love, kind and friendly, eager to greet you. Thank you staff for serving these little ones and for all you do, you are a tremendous blessing. May your reward be great! Blessings. - Tammy

A long car ride, a plane ride, and another long ride in a van makes for a grueling day. But its all swept away as soon as you step out of the van and a precious little child hugs you and leads you by the hand to play, wanting nothing from you but love and affection. Then, before you know it, a week has passed and you are saying goodbye to so many wonderful people, both young and old. Even some of the older girls and boys, young woman and men really, hold on for a long time when they feel your loving hug, then come around two or three more times for more hugs, showing how much they miss having a loving father to hold them. Still, no matter how much love you give in San Luis, you always receive much more in return. You can not out give the Lord. -
Jim

My testimony would be when we went to the shut ins. It really was amazing to be able to go to peoples houses and pray for them. Also being around everyone really made me see that if you really put yourself out there to meet someone it really touches them. That’s exactly what the kids did. They met us for the very first time and they were sitting on our laps. I loved it! Also, same way with the people around town, older girls, and older boys. They were very nice and very polite, I love you all! God bless and I hope to be back ASAP. -Abigail

It was a humbling experience for me to visit the homes during the shut in visitations. I was amazed at how the people, though very poor and with bad health, were so content and praised God the entire time we were there. Their gentle, giving spirit touched my heart, and I was amazed at how each person wanted prayer for others besides themselves. God definitely spoke to me in this experience and I will continue to pray for these beautiful songs and daughters of the King. - Lane

My testimony would be getting the opportunity to teach some of the older girls Shackles. It was a lot of fun getting to work with them. This opportunity was definitely from God because the girls had recently just started the dance group and there were some songs that we dance to that they also really wanted to learn, however we only had enough to teach them one dance. Overall, this trip really touched me because the people her are so grateful and unselfish. Seeing that really helped me because back home, I sometimes get too caught up in my own little world that I forget about other things that are more important. I’m really glad I had the opportunity to go on the trip and I hope to come back again. - Michaela

This was my fourth trip to San Luis and it has been the best yet. Being down here is great. There is just such a spirit of thankfulness here. The people are so thankful and I have come away so blessed by them. They have been a bigger blessing to me then I think I was to them. I love coming down to San Luis and I cant wait to be back again. Many Blessings. - Tessa

No comments: