Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MESSAGE FROM PASTOR GARY


On Wednesday night June 17th the sound of the heavy rain on the Sanctuary roof was so loud I moved my Bible Study to the foyer. As soon as I was set up the power went off, but it came back on so I continued. As I spoke our Youth Pastor came in with his laptop and showed me a tornado warning for our town. Somehow we got through the Bible Study and no tornadoes touched down. Everybody stood around talking and having coffee waiting for the rain to let up, but it never did. Our area recorded 4-5 inches of rain in a 3 hour period. Roads were washed out and people had to be rescued from their cars. All of our folks got home safe except for our Children’s Pastor and his 5 year old daughter. They slept in his office. Renee’ and I drove through some pretty deep water, something you should never do, but we made it and our house on top of a hill was dry as a bone. But hundreds of homes and businesses weren’t as fortunate. Six days later they are still cleaning up. I’ve been frustrated and angry being detoured all over the place just to go a few miles.

But I started thinking about the people in San Luis. I remember one trip where we saw city workers dig a deep trench for a water line. At the end of the day they packed up and left the open hole with no signs or lights to warn drivers. We are blessed to have so much and although we’re inconvienced from time to time by natural disasters, we still have clean water, power and the necessities we need. In Mexico and many other places around the world, these things are luxuries. Thank you for supporting Caring Hearts and remember, You are Blessed. Give thanks with a grateful heart.

God Bless you all.
Pastor Gary

No comments: