Friday, June 26, 2009

INTERN TESTIMONY


Here is a testimony from our intern this summer. Staci spent 6 weeks teaching English and praise dances to the children and did an excellent job.

I came to Mexico last summer for 1 week and fell in love with it. When I left, I prayed that I would be given the opportunity to come back and see the children that I had come to adore. In January, I got the okay to come back not for one week, but for six weeks! I was so excited! As time came closer, the scare with the drug voilence and swine flu made my parents, and myself, question if this was something I should really be doing. In the end, God made it obvious that it was.
I thought six weeks was so much time. I would come down and teach english classes, play with the kids, and then come home and start my job and move on with my life. But for anyone that has been to San Luis, you understand that its impossible to just "move on" after being there. The kids absolutely changed my life. Classes were difficult and I had moments where I was so frustrated, but at the end of the day, the kids won my heart. God taught me a lot about what it means to be a teacher in school but also about teaching others about His love. Loving those kids made me see just how much God loves us and how big our God truly is.

No comments: