Wednesday, June 24, 2009

CORNERSTONE GROUP

We had a nice group from Cornerstone Ministries from Delmont PA visit us the second week of June. They spent time painting the main dorm buildings of the orphanage and also ministered with the children and around the community. We hope you enjoy their pictures and testimonies:

Thank you God for this journey of renewal in my life! and a chance to meet Senor Guadalupe. This is my second trip to San Luis, Sonora. This time was more observant of my physical and spiritual assignment. This time God wanted me to see not only the Mexican people and their surroundings of poverty but He wanted me to acknowledge their love for Him. Even at the dump as we testified and preached there was an “amen”. At the senior citizen home there was joy every time we mentioned Jesus. In the villages and the churches the praise and worship was awesome. From the old to the young, I saw God in every aspect of this trip. Our leadership was “phenomenal”. Jamie along with her husband, Travis Clawson, were real team leaders. Jamie not only assigned tasks but worked right along side of the ones given the most difficult of tasks. All the team were loyal to work assignments and to the children. – Evelyn

Last year I came and really connected with one little girl. I came back the next year and she wasn’t here. I was really upset, but then I saw all the other kids and I remembered they all need love too. It is as if Jesus would say that He loved one person or species more than the other, but he doesn’t. He loves everything! – Hannah

Before I came here I was struggling with body image. I was recovering form a year and a half of bulimia and anorexia. On this trip God totally healed me through the love of his children. I ‘m no longer recovering – I’m healed. – Lia

Every trip is different. This one was blessing because of the way God moved in my heart to step out in faith and give testimony to His love for all people. – Dee

This is my third trip to Mexico – and the same thing happens every time – we come to be a blessing and instead leave having been blessed. I just hope the ones we came to serve felt God as much as we did. Thank you! – Jamie

Being on this trip really gives you a sense of the hurting world and the simple acts a person can do to have an effect. The trip is life changing and gives an idea of what the real ministry the Bible talks about is. – Philip

This is my third year at Caring Hearts and this has been the best year so far. This year, I truly felt like I was helping and making a contribution to the Mexican people. I definitely plan on continuing to come to San Luis each year until I can stay in the summer perhaps. Another thing I realized this year was how much of a help it is to the community and people. I hope this facility will continue functioning for many years to come. God bless Caring Hearts! – Becky

What I liked most about the trip is helping to paint the orphanage and being with the kids and explore the Mexico area to learn about the people. They have almost nothing compared to what we have in the United States. – Travis

No comments: