Friday, June 11, 2010

RON HEMBREE 1938-2010


It is with great sadness that I inform you that last night the president of Cornerstone Television and our friend Ron Hembree went home to be with the Lord. At the same time we rejoice for we know he is in eternity receiving his bountiful reward in the Lord.

Ron was an integral part of my Christian life for many years. I worked on his first daily programs Rejoice and Project 90. We also worked closely together on programs I produced, Inside Report and Vintage Videos. I was the first missionary to appear on the Project 90 program and that helped me raise the initial support I needed to go to Mexico full time. His love of missions was infectious, and it is that love that has made CTV an integral part of what we are doing here in Caring Hearts. Ron also had a love for orphans and always looked for ways to help them all over the world. Our children here are also grateful, because they have been beneficiaries of his generous and loving spirit.

We will miss Ron, and we are praying for his wife Cathy and his family as they pass this time of sorrow. At the same time, we continue on with the work given to us by God, knowing that Ron is in His arms cheering us on. If he could, he would tell us to keep on loving the orphans and keep on reaching out to the lost souls, because it is all worth it.

3 comments:

alessandra said...

Dear Jesus give this family. Strength and comfort. He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion until the day of Jesus Christ. Amen
We bless You Lord at all times Your praise shall continually be in our mouths!

Anonymous said...

I never met the man, but seeing him on televison always inspired me. I just learned today of his passing. I thank God for the video legacy he has left behind that I am sure will continue to inspire my walk with God and I'm sure, many many others! Thank-you Ron Hembree!

Anonymous said...

I had no personal acquaintance with Ron but his book on the fruit of the Spirit inspired me during my early years as a believer. Honestly, that made a positive impact in my ministry that I gave away the book for others to be blessed. I wish you could reprint or make his works available for others to read.