Thursday, June 10, 2010

RENNE FAMILY TESTIMONIES


Here are a couple of testimonies from the Renne family, who visited us recently:

I love sharing life with God's family all over the world. It has been a wonderful experience to come here and worship with my brothers and sisters in Jesus and to share in their culture. Trips like this remind me and show me that Jesus is King in every country, in every culture....He always deserves ownership. Every tongue will confess He is Lord - we worship in Spanish and English. Every knee will bow to Him. Mexico belongs to God as does all the world, and the best way to really understand the majesty of that is to experience it. - Fidelia

I very much connected with Adalberto. His passion to see God move is inspiring.....and something I both share and find contagious. I always desire to see God move, but my expectation waxes and wanes. Whatever is "contagious" in Adalberto caused my expectations to "wax" (increase). When we went to the rehab center, 15 or more women gave themselves to the Lord, one or more was crying (one in particular caught my attention).* That was fun ! The shut-in ministry was also fun. We took pictures and wrote down each person's name and prayer request. For one school year we plan to have each person's pictureand prayer request, and plan to continue to pray for them. Adalberto promised to let us know how God moves. I am confident of 2 things: God will move and Adalberto will let us know how !

I very much enjoyed the children, several of whom are particularly dear to me. I enjoyed ministering to them, but I think my favorite part is ministering with them. I especially enjoyed having my daughters join the Mexican girls in ministering TOGETHER to the church through liturgical dance. That was a lot of fun! Virginia started teaching us how to use the tamborines, and I plan to buy the DVDs.

This is our third mission trip to Mexico as a family, and by far the easiest for us. I would like to do my part in connecting other missions oriented families with your organization. I say it was easiest in these ways: Not terribly far (we could drive), not terribly expensive, and well organized . I have found that there is much interest on the part of families, but there are barriers (cost, distance, how to get organized). Caring Hearts had the least barriers. - Marietta Renne

No comments: