Wednesday, June 16, 2010

CORNERSTONE MINISTRIES




A group from Cornerstone Ministries blessed us this past week with a group of 19 people. They helped us paint the Junior High School that our kids go to, and ministered to young and old throughout San Luis, with songs, drama and testimonies. Here are some photos and testimonies.


Hi, My name is Morgan. I’m 14 years old and this is my 2nd trip to Mexico. My testimony is rather simple. I have been struggling with my faith and belief in God over the past few years. However, by seeing and hearing of the miracles happening in this small city, my faith has been restored. Mexico saved my relationship with Christ and I now am on FIRE for the Lord! – Morgan

This is my first mission trip. I really didn’t know what to expect. I talked with those that have been here to get an idea of what to expect. I felt that God really wanted me to come on this trip. Now that the week has come to an end, I feel that God has showed me things that I needed to see and feel. I know that I am not the most compassionate person I now have more compassion in my heart than when I arrived in Mexico. I am truly blessed to live in the United States. A piece of me will always be in Mexico and I hope to return. I will keep Caring Hearts in my thoughts and prayers always. Thank you for the opportunity to serve! -Jay



My beliefs have changed this week. I now don’t believe I live a life any better in America. I now believe that it is just different. We are all God’s children and have the grace to live any where in the world God desires. It is all about god in this life and not about us. Caring Hearts ministry will always be a special place because this is a special place ad God’s presence is truly there in all the leaders and the people of San Luis. – Randy



Before I came to San Luis, I prayed that I would be a blessing to those here. What a surprise to find that god blessed ME through the many different people that I met. I saw the things that break God’s heart and my heart was broken. But I also saw the pure joy of the Lord and heard praises to God in a language that I could not understand the words. And although I didn’t understand the words spoken, I learned that the language of God – LOVE – can be spoken anywhere, anytime, through a smile or a touch or a hug. Singing praise songs to God in a language I didn’t speak felt even more sincere because I was able to focus on Him more. I have been inspired to go home where I do speak the same language as my neighbors and to speak the truth of Jesus boldly like Ken and Juana and Virginia and Aldaberto and the other wonderful staff of Caring Hearts. I wade doubly blessed to e here with my sever\n year old son. Seeing him play with the children of Bethel and the true joy they shared warmed my heart. God is moving in San Luis and He is mightily using Caring Hearts Ministries. Thank you for the many blessings I received. I pray that someone in Mexico was touched by my son and me the way that we were blessed by them! There is so much need here, and I pray God will continue to use my family and me in some way at caring Hearts! – Corri



Learned more “espenonol” and I hope they all get adopted. And God touched me with his love. Aaron (Seven years old.)



This year as I returned to Mexico, I was having problems with worrying too much and not trusting God enough. Just being around people with only enough for that day. They trust that God will take care of them and watch over them. It helped me realize that God will watch over me too. – Liafaith.



This is my fourth trip here to San Luis. I love having a Christian family at Bethel and having everyone greet you. Aldalberto Garcia is always the one I look forward to seeing most. He has become like a father to me. My favorite times this year were following him around. I loved painting with him! He has such a caring sweet spirit. Adalberto has a servant heart. He truly shows what it means to be Christ-like. God has really shown me that Mexico is home because that’s where He wants me to be. – Amy



This has been my fourth trip to Caring Hearts and in some ways, the best. The week went slowly, which I was grateful for, bit I only wish the mission went on for at least one more. I enjoyed the services we did for others, the children at Bethel, and just being HOME. The air conditioning in the women’s dorms was good also, and was nice when it was very hot outside. But all in all, this trip was incredibly enjoyable and San Luis feels more like home as ever; I hope I’ll come back many more times. – Becky



I have always wanted to go on a mission trip but I never really knew of any. Then, the chance came to go to Mexico and God put the excitement in my heart and my parents let me and my sister go. Seeing the children all excited when we first arrived made my heart jump for joy. They were so ready to give love to us and also receive love from us. This really reminded me to love everyone because that’s how we showcase God’s love. Also, the elderly people at the nursing home touched my heart. They families, for some of the, never came to visit and they seemed so alone. However, when we were praising Jesus you could see the joy spread across their faces and that their love for Jesus was strong. This reminded me that you need God when God all you have. Many other experiences such as these have taught me so much and helped me grow with the Lord. I will definitely be coming back another time. – Madie



At the beginning of my trip the enemy tried to stop me from doing God’s work! Thanks to the medical field and prayer I returned back to normal. I had severe swelling and itching of my hands and feet that much have been an allergic reaction. I met a young girl at the Indian village we went to that was handicap and crying. Her family asked me to pray for her. She stopped crying soon after and there were many people surrounding me by the end of the prayer. The next day she was at the church we went to and had a lot more joy in her. I was also able to give my testimony to a woman’s rehab! I found that to be a great experience to help others. Everything is a reflection of God’s grace. – Michelle



Being it was my first mission trip outside of the US I was concerned about being able to communicate or be of any real help. After getting here and finding out between God, a translator and just being me sharing God’s love there is no real barrier. The trip here reminded me of our trip to the Philippines to adopt our son Dan, of how poor everybody in these areas are, and how privileged we are – Jim


Honestly for a lot of this trip I felt like I was in a fog. Seeing people at the dump and in tiny houses seemed unreal to me. I think I realized that I take so many things for granted in my life. So many people just yearned and wanted the love of Jesus. I guess I am learning that it is true when people say when you have nothing you really do need Jesus because He is everything. It was so amazing to me because I think that I would be angry and upset in their situation. So though I came to minister to others I think that I had also been ministered to just as musch. Thank you for everything you are doing here. God is working in wonderful ways. - Kailey

No comments: