Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A MESSAGE FROM PAPA HAROLD


I have been asked many times, why, or, what made you get involved with what you are doing in Mexico? I am sure you also have been asked, WHY ? I guess if I had to sum it up in one word for me, it would be COMPASSION. I think the Lord gave me a double dose of compassion because whenever I see anyone anywhere that has a need , I feel something in my heart that makes me want to try to do something. Whatever that something is. And, when I read your testimonies of the trips you all have taken to Mexico on behalf of Caring Hearts Ministries, I feel that you also were given a double dose of compassion.

On my first trip with Brother Knell to Mexico, the Lord opened my eyes and heart to so many needs; I had a hard time even driving back to Phoenix. In fact Brother Knell and I for the first hour or so said nothing to each other because of weeping for those we left behind. Was my first trip or your first trip just emotions and would pass. I don’t think so because for me it is 23 years later and I still feel the same compassion as I did on that first trip. And I know you do also.

WHY? Because it is God in me and you. Eph. 2: 10 –tells us we are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do. He prepared in advance all of the ministries of Caring Hearts for you and me. WOW! All I can say is thank you Lord for allowing me to be your hands extended in San Luis, Mexico. Dear Servant, The children at Bethel and the Oasis depend on us. The poor in San Luis depend on us. Will you continue to pray, give financially, and go to be a parent for a week to these children? As you have done it to the least of these, you have done it unto me.

Thank you and may you be Blessed in 2010
Papa Harold

No comments: