Friday, July 17, 2009

MURRYSVILLE COMMUNITY CHURCH

A small but active group from Murrysville Pennsylvania just left San Luis, leaving behind happy kids and blessed people all over San Luis. They built a new counter for the expanded Soup Kitchen, helped out a number of shut ins with cleaning and food, visited the jail and nursing home, and spent some quality time with the children of Caring Hearts. They also ministered in the dump, Indian Village and three churches. Enjoy their testimonies and pictures.

The needs of San Luis are innumerable. It was my privilige and honor to imagine, with God's help, we were able to meet even one of those needs. That makes the whole trip worth every effort. At times, the amount of work to do - or needs to meet - becomes overwhelming. I felt insufficient - Praise God! I AM. But God's grace is sufficient for all of His children. I saw God meeting needs through the lives of the staff here as well as through the lives of the kids here. God is busy in San Luis! His Word is strong here and miracles and healing happen each day. If God is calling you to the mission field - especially a hot one - open your heart to San Luis. I pray God's blessing and best to His people and look forward with anticipation to coming here again. In His Grip - Marissa

This is my fourth trip to San Luis. It was a huge blessing to return. Everyone is like our family now. We have built relationship with the children and adults and it is like coming home when we arrive. This year we were able to spend more one on one time with the children which was wonderful. We also ministered to shut ins, the women's prison and the nursing home. We go as the Lord's servants and are richly blessed. We thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for your service to Caring Hearts. May God continue to bless you and keep you. - Cheryl

This trip made me more committed to trying to help "the least of these." In every aspect of the trip I was reminded of how very blessed I am and of how I need to share those blessings more with others. In Adalberto, Ken, Juana and Sister Ines, I saw the most unselfish, caring, giving hearts of a servant of Christ. They truly reflect His love in all they do. May God continue to pour out His blessings in the ministries of Caring Hearts as they serve the people of San Luis. - Sherry

This summer was my 5th trip to San Luis, Mexico. This trip was totally different from any other. Not all of our attention was focused on having fun with the kids of Bethel (even though we did) but we were showing them first hand with them by our side, how to live a Christian life by helping others. We showed them the importance of helping others and put the seed in their hearts to want to continue to help others. It is always exciting to pull up to the orphanage and see some familiar faces that we have gotten to know over the last few trips. David and I have a special relationship we have developed and it is always such a pleasure to see him. This trip we saw each other from across the property and he came running at me. He gave me the biggest hug I have ever had. It melted my heart to know that he remembers me just like I remember him. I pray that he knows when I am thinking about him during the rest of the year. It was also a blessing to get to know some of the newer kids and show them some love. I am already counting down the days till I will be back. God Bless San Luis and Caring Hearts! - Becky

This was our fourth trip to Bethel as a group. Our size had shrunk a bit from previous years partly due to the economy , the "narcos" and fear of the swine flu. When we checked with Ken, he assured us that things were "as usual" in San Luis. But he also encouraged us to seek whether the Lord was "calling" us to serve in San Luis. Eight of us were passionate about returning and felt called to serve the kids of Bethel and Oasis and the people of San Luis. Being a smaller group was a blessing in many ways. We enjoyed the fellowship with one another and were able to be more flexible with activities with the kids and ministries with Caring Hearts. We were blessed to be a part of Sister Ines' outreach to the shut ins in the surrounding community. Some of the older girls from Bethel accompanied us as we ministered by cleaning, bringing food, visiting and praying with these poorest of the poor. It was an experience I will never forget. I think everyone from our group would agree that the highlight of the week was taking the kids to a local pool. We reserved the pool from 8 AM to 2 PM. It is no problem swimming at 8 AM when it is HOT! As I looked around at the faces of the kids, I felt privileged to be a part of such a great joyful experience. "Priceless" we all said. Come to Bethel and be blessed. Love the kids, you won't regret one cent or moment spent - Jamie

No comments: