Thursday, July 9, 2009

CROSSFIRE TESTIMONIES


Here are some testimonies from our last group, Crossfire Youth from Monroeville Assembly

Before I came on this trip I was more selfish than I ever could have been. This trip, the ministries, the orphans, and God's presence has taken a toll on me and humbled me since day one. Ever since the day I came last year this city and their people have had a special place in my heart and I will truly never be the same. - Sarah

One time Maria fell asleep on me. As I was holding her, I was thinking about how she does not have a mother to hold her like I was holding her. I realized how much I love my mom. I was asking God how it was fair that this beautiful little girl does not have a mommy when I have one who loves me so much. I decided to pray for her. As I was praying for her, I realized that God has a plan for her life and He loves her so much. There is a reason why she is here and not with her parents. God will always be there to wrap her in His arms. He loves her even more than any mommy could. - Karil

This trip was amazing. I really enjoyed being around the kids again. It is so amazing to see how much love they can give to you after going through what might be the hardest part of their lives. All the kids are so sweet and always have smiles on their faces that will just brighten up your day. I would love to come back and I had a lot of fun. - Lettie

Being in Mexico blew my mind. I am amazed how these people have so little but are so happy and so thankful for everything we did. It made me have a new outlook on things. - Amy

This was an amazing trip. God was present the whole time. He worked through us and we lead so many people to Christ. He is so amazing and so powerful, anything is possible with Him. He loves everything about these people no matter what. Miracles happened this week and it felt so good to help. - Kaitlyn

This is the third year I have been here and it has been an amazing experience. The dump ministry was amazing. Seeing those people and making them feel loved and encouraged. We gave our shoes and sunglasses away. You could feel the presence of God everywhere we went. I am so happy to be a tool of God. I will most likely be coming back next year and I encourage anyone reading this to do the same. Thank you for everything - Jack

My trip at San Luis was incredible. As soon as we arrived and got out of the vans, the kids were there smiling at us. They are all so full of love. They don't have a whole lot, but were constantly giving me pictures and bracelets we made with them. When they wanted me, the would call out "Amiga!" Also, we did a lot of ministries in the villages. It is so awesome to see people walk away smiling with their beans and rice. We give them hope that there is a God who has everything under control. Also, we went to the woman's rehab center and prayed with the women. Something that really opened up my eyes were the shut-ins. At first I was nervous but God gave me boldness because those people need us. Our prayers were powerful and they were happy to see us. I will never forget their faces. Then we went to the dump. It smelled bad and there were flies. But God loves them and he helped me see the the way he does. I gave a woman the shoes off my feet. Overall, this trip has placed a new compassion in my heart for the needy and a desire to pursue missions and tell others about God. - Natalie

This trip was not what I expected it to be. I didn't think God could use me in such small things, like handing out beans and rice or just by saying Hi to someone. God really touched me on this trip and I feel like God helped me show His love to others. This was my first year coming and it was absolutely an amazing experience and I can't wait to come back. - Veronica

On this trip I learned how much more I could be expanded. I gave an altar call and everything else. God used me as a vessel for the lost. I am glad I came and want to come again. - Joshua

This trip was a real eye opener. It was out of my comfort zone. I know the Lord was weighing upon my heart to come. I needed to see the Lord's work. This was a wonderful experience. Going to the villages and doing the ministries was awesome. I still have a lot to learn. I have lived in a bubble most of my life. I know that the Lord provides. I am living proof of that. I am so glad I came to Mexico. I was scared, but I overcame that. Going to the dump was the best. I was glad to give up what I had. I know I have more where that came from. the Lord is wonderful. He always provides and I would have been going against Him if I would have missed this. - Natalie

This was my second year coming to San Luis, and like last year, I did not know what to expect. About a day after we arrived. One little girl I had become attached to last year went home with her parents, so I was very discouraged and sad. After that, I found a verse in my Bible about the story of Peter walking on the water to Jesus and how Jesus saved him when he looked down at the waves and lost trust in Jesus. I felt like that verse was for me, and that I needed to just renew the faith I had in my Jesus, that he would get me through the week after the sadness I experienced. God never fails! Throughout this week God reassured me that I am always in his hands and that his love never fails. He also really showed himself to me at the garbage dump when our group blessed the people there by giving them their shoes. It was awesome to see our whole group standing in our socks in the middle of the garbage dump. I aways have amazing experiences in San Luis and I hope I can come back next year - Katie

No comments: