Monday, February 2, 2009

MORE GROUP TESTIMONIES


Here are some more testimonies from our January Groups.

My first trip to San Luis taught me gratitude. the next six taught me how to see God in everyday life. The people of San Luis may not have all we have materially, but they have such a strong faith in God. They set an example for Christian life - Suzanne, St. Ferdinand Group.

This was my fifth trip down to this humble community and it certainly didn't disappoint. Every year I come down, I leave feeling closer to God. The people always end up giving more to us than we ever could to them. - Tyler, St. Ferdinand Group.

I came here expecting to help people and when I left here I realized I was the one who was helped. Seeing the people's faith despite their circumstances is just such a great reminder of how God is always with us and that with him we can be truly happy. - Erin, St. Ferdinand Group.

This is my second trip to Caring Hearts. I have never been so moved/touched. This ministry has had a huge impact on my life. The boys have taught me more than I have taught them! I love the boys at the boys home, they have an awesome enviroment to live in and I am forever grateful. This ministry has provided hope and assurance that God is at work. I saw God this week through the actions of the boys and the beautiful faces. - Kaylee, Geneva College

Coming on this trip I had no idea what was in store for me. I was excited, because I have been to Mexico before and I loved it, but because I have experienced this kind of trip before and I know the emotional pain you go through at the end of the week during goodbyes. I wasn't anxious to get real close to the boys we were working with at Oasis because I didn't want my heart to break all over again. But, by the first day, I knew there was no escaping it. My heart grew in love and then was broken in a different way with each boy I met and each experience I had. The thing that ended up being my favorite part about the trip was the relationships. I fell in love with each of those boys as an individual. This trip also helped me to realize more about my own life and my own relationship with God and I saw more love of God in the lives of these boy than I ever have. God bless San Luis and the ministry at Oasis! - Emby, Geneva College

Prior to the trip I thought that my sole purpose on coming to San Luis was to help the kids at the orphanage and do some construction. Looking back at the last week, i now see how God used the people of San Luis, the orphanage, etc. to impact my life and strengthen my faith. I am grateful for the hospitality that was shown by the people of Bethel and was very happy with the past week. Thank you and I look forward to the next opportunity to come back and be blessed. - Corey, IUP

This mission trip was very different from the rest. This is my second time here at Bethel and it probably touched me more than last year. Seeing how the kids remembered us really meant something. Going to the dump was twice as meaningful this year too. I was given the opportunity to share my testimony there; it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. One of the best moments, however, was cooking with the kids. It was time well spent here and I only wished we could have done it more. Overall it was a great experience...and I thank you Ken, especially for that. - Rosa Maria, IUP

No comments: