Thursday, January 22, 2009

GROUP TESTIMONIES


As promised, here are some testimonies from your Christmas break visitors. We hope their words will inspire you to come down to see us this year:

Pulling into the driveway, I was anxious to see both new and old faces. No matter how many times I come to San Luis, the sheer joy on the faces of the children at Bethel always takes my breath away as they run to greet their visitors. They are truly happy here and know the love of God in an amazing way as He meets each of their needs. May God continue to bless each of these little ones. - Kerrianne, St. Ferdinand Group.

On the day Adalberto took us to the dump in San Luis, I was prepared to help others. I was not prepared, however, to be the one who was touched. Seeing those people praying and praising God despite immense poverty and heart wrenching circumstances had a serious effect on me. There are days where being a follower of Christ is hard. Some day I feel so overwhelmed with finances and work, but those people literally have nothing, and they are OK! They are OK because they know that God is everything they need. They may think we are the lucky ones, and in some ways we are. But the knowledge they have - that Jesus is all you need - is something I yearn for. And my hope is that as I grow in Christ, I would with to be in such dire circumstances that Christ was all I had. How lucky I would be - Rachel, IUP Group

Wow! Praise God for this trip. I felt distant from God when I came to Mexico. It was because I was rejecting God and not giving Him any of my time, all the while struggling in my sin. Coming to Mexico has changed my life. A combination of some great people that came here with me that were chosen by God, amazing experiences here at the jail and other places and the amazing times with the Mexican people has allowed me to see and experience the amazing, beautiful, powerful, universal wall and barrier destroying lovw of our Father in heaven. Hanging out with the kids at Oasis and Bethel, worshipping God next to a brother in jail, even though we were from different places of the world and different situations and backgrounds. Praise God for His spirit. Being able to share in all of this with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Wow! I could never, ever thank God enough for what He has done. Never. Glory to our beautiful God - Jeremy, Geneva Group.

No comments: