Friday, April 23, 2010

EARTHQUAKE UPDATE

Crack caused by the earthquake.

I was out buying supplies for the group to give out to the city orphanage and nursing home. The cashier asked me if I was donating them to the people who were left homeless by the earthquake, and I asked, where are they at? Here a number of peoples homes in the farm region south of San Luis had been damaged, and they had set up a camp in the central park for them. I went and made arrangements to visit them. The day we were to go, I was informed that most in the park had returned, but another camp had been set up by another town, about 40 miles away. We had to travel and hour and we found them, set up along a dirt road in tents, over 800 people. We did a gospel program for them and brought rice, beans and toilet paper. The children were very well behaved and the people appreciative. God moved in a great way. Pray that their living situations can be settled and that they can return to their homes soon.

No comments: