Friday, April 23, 2010

ALLISON PARK, TREE OF LIFE AND THE DREAM TEAM

DEDICATING ADRIANAS HOUSE
We had one of our largest ministry and construction teams in a long time in town this month. It included members of our Dream Team construction crew, who made a warehouse for the City Social Services, and a small house for one of the members of our church. Meanwhile, the youth ministry team was serving the people of San Luis all over town with dramas, puppets and testimonies. Here are some pictures and testimonies:
WORKING ON ADRIANAS HOUSE
Being asked to share devotions was an honor and so was being asked to pray a prayer of dedication over the house we built for Adriana. I liked the male bonding in coming together as a team to accomplish our projects. This was just my first mission trip to San Luis, and it gave me an appreciation for all of those who have been here many times before. One lesson which I have learned in life is that you only have as much fun as the people you are with anytime you go on a trip together. This trip was truly fun and the people were like family. My thanks go out to our entire kitchen staff for keeping us well fed. Thanks to all of those who organized the trip. - Wayne
MINISTRY IN THE VILLAGE
I came on the missionary trip thinking I was here for support of my sister and to spread the love of Jesus, but instead found she made her journey full circle and I was part of it, what a blessing. I have also found the reason God sent me on this trip not expecting it. We visited the shut-ins and I was blessed to meet a beautiful lady named Santa Ramirez. She lived in a small home of wooden walls and had almost nothing, I thought. She had a heart of gold and Jesus in her heart, the most important of all. Santa was blind and had diabetes and hated being a burden to her children. We prayed over Santa that day and the presence of God filled her home. Tears were wept and hearts were filled. I do not believe our group prayed harder for anyone. Our group prayed for her health and her eyesight. That day she said there was little improvement, but we know that through faith she will some day be able to see and I will continue to pray for her every day. I took my bracelet and put it on her wrist, because I know someday she will be able to see it and will never forget the day we visited her. I look forward to visiting Santa again some day. -Kim
SOCIAL SERVICES WAREHOUSE
I did not know what to expect when I came to Mexico. I have been on several mission trips before but, this adventure with Caring Hearts has really been amazing! I was so moved by the state of poverty here and by the joy of the children. I was extremely blessed by Bev and her beautiful heart of service. Caring Hearts has truly made me feel welcome and at home. I love the encouraging and pure atmosphere. I knew before coming here, that God had called me into full time missions, living here for the past week and working alongside Caring Hearts to share Jesus, has strongly confirmed God’s call on my life. I am so honored to have been a part of this ministry and I really hope I come back. The youth group from A.P.C. were deeply impacted by the outreaches and children at Bethel. Thank you so much.
I love Mexico. - Sarah
ADRIANA'S HOUSE CONSTRUCTION TEAM.
I feel that God is using this trip to catapult me into children’s ministry. So many things have put me onto the path of going on this trip, whether it was a speaker or a word from God. - Timothy
YOUTH PLAYING SOCCER AT OASIS
I have never been so touched in my life. When I was eight, my mother passed away. I knew God had a plan for it but, it was still hard. All my life I have questioned God as to why my mom was the one that had to die. Why? It was not fair. When I went to the dump, my views were radically changed. It is not fair that these people have to survive off of garbage. Why them? Why did they have to be the ones to suffer like that? I am so humbled. - Mary
It is always a pleasure to see my good friends, Ken, Adalberto and Pedro. I am so thankful for the men who are willing to serve the Lord in this way. Thank God for the construction team and blessing our work to complete this building for the city of San Luis. The boys from the Oasis are such fine young men. It is something to see them growing up and also serving the Lord. I thank you Lord, for this opportunity. - Don
OASIS BIBLE STUDY
This is my best trip so far after four years and four trips. The unity and love that we shared was excellent. There was such a great combination of ministry and construction. There was a huge amount of work done in both areas. Our morning devotions were tremendous. People shared until time ran out. Prayer within the team and in outside ministries had the presence of the Lord. Hearts and lives were changed. - Judy
WORKING ON ADRIANA'S HOUSE
This is my first mission trip and I did not know what to think. My heart just warmed up when the kids came running to the van. My heart ache dropped when I saw the dumps and how poor people are but, happy. How people are welcoming us in the village just makes me smile. I now appreciate how much I have and what I do not. I can not wait to come back. - Garret
DRAMA FOR THE KIDS AT RAMONA'S BIBLE STUDY
This trip has been life changing. I came on this trip feeling called to step out in faith and overcome some of the fears I was still carrying around for example, the fear of crowds, traveling, speaking in front of others, and more. God has helped me to see that he is truly in control of all of that and much more. There has been a strong sense of peace in the whole trip. That was just a small piece of what I have seen. The love that I have seen from the people here and the people of Mexico has truly been the greatest gift that God has given me. In the bible it says “perfect love cast out fear”. I have seen the love of Jesus on this trip. I leave this trip a changed person learning that when I go home that God can use each one of us if we step out in faith. Praise God! - Michele
GIVING OUT BALLOONS AT THE SOUP KITCHEN
This whole trip for me has been about faith. I have a problem with confidence and this trip has really opened me up. I prayed for healings at the shut-ins and God told me to rub dirt on the eyes of a blind lady. WHAT! Well, I did, and I can not even begin to describe my experience and the emotion I felt just by obeying God. - Mel
MINISTRY AT THE SOUP KITCHEN

PRAYING IN THE DUMP

MINISTRY IN THE DUMP



BETHEL CHILDREN

WORKING ON THE WAREHOUSE.

WORKING ON THE WAREHOUSE.

MINISTRY IN THE NURSING HOME.

No comments: