Wednesday, January 20, 2010

IUP TESTIMONIES

Here are some testimonies from our last group, Grace Methodist Church in Indiana PA:

Although this is my 6th trip to Bethel, I get something out of it every time. This time I got a renewed fire for God's awesomeness! He is an amazing Lord and show is so many ways. I pray that he uses me more for His kingdom, especially for my next trip to San Luis in the summer. - Becky

The different ministries involved with the community and Caring Hearts were amazing to witness. I have been on many mission trips and San Luis, Caring Hearts and the different ministries have touched my heart, and I have been able to see God's love and the work of His people here. Thank you for your dedication to the Lord and his people through service. - Haley

I think that this trip has truly showed me the love that I can give to the children and all of the compassion I am able to show! I truly saw the love of God come through them everyday. I also saw the light of God shine through a lot of the workers that aid in the daily chores and fun that is necessary to keep Bethel running. This was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I am so happy I was able to share it with the kids and the adults. Thanks so much for all that you do! - Ashley

This trip has taught me to take more time for God and others in the midst of everyday life. The love we received from the children and people of Mexico touched our hearts. - Deana

This is my fourth trip to San Luis. I have been privileged to serve as the team cook. This allows me to stay on campus and listen to the voices of the children. As I stand at the sink I can see them play and hear them laugh. I love the songs they sing as they stand in line to go into breakfast and lunch. One of the highlights every year is inviting the boys and girls into the kitchen to make Rice Crispy Treats and Muddy Buddies. I am so thankful to God that he has called me to be a missionary to this wonderful ministry. - Sandy

This trip was amazing. Getting to spend time with the children was such a great experience. They were so much fun and it was hard not to fall in love with them. They are such jewels who are so open and full of life. I also enjoyed building the house, the soup kitchen, dump, rehab and jail. I had a lot of fun at the boys home. They were so friendly and played a great game of soccer. I wish we would have went more than once. I also was very encouraged by Adalberto. - Megan

Caring Hearts is an amazing place run by God led people. The kids are filled with love. The facilities are beautiful. The Lord is working in amazing ways here. - Brittany

This missions trip was different than any other that I have experienced. I got to see, hear, experience and feel love in ways I never have before. The ways in which the children embrace me, touched my heart. When they hug, they really hug. I saw hope in what some see as hopeless situation and saw God move and touch hearts. I have been challenged this week to acknowledge the Lord in all circumstances and be thankful, selfless and a humble servant. God showed me this week the power of hugs, kisses and smiles. Affection and love overpowers language and changes hearts and lives. I am blessed by this trip an will carry the lessons and experiences for the rest of my life. They will shape me and help mold me into the daughter of Christ I aspire to be. - Ellen

This makes the third year we have brought a team to San Luis, but as always, our experience was different and amazing. Several of us engaged in ministries in which we hadn't participated before, including the rehab center and the village ministry. How humbling to see the joy and hope of the Lord in the people we served. I think we learned more than those who we spoke with, and certainly all of us were blessed. God continues to use the servants of Caring Hearts in powerful ways, and we are so grateful for the opportunity to share in this ministry. Thanks for all you do for the people of San Luis. - Karen

I grew up in a poor and rough neighborhood in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Now I am 20 and from the time I was a young child until I was 18, I hated my life, because I was poor and did not have the nicest things--it was a matter of what was cheap. It was not until about 18 months ago when I started to appreciate what I had in life and became proud of where I was from. Seeing the children, the people of the dump and the people of the neighborhood and how little everyone had, but how happy and thankful they truly were touched my heart. Seeing that gave me a reality check and made me more thankful for what I have and more proud of where I came from. I am very grateful for the opportunity to serve in Mexico and the people of Mexico, especially the children and the people at the dump were an immense encouragement to me. God brought me to Mexico for a reason and it was to show me that all I need is Him in my life and all is well! - Melissa

The children touched me so much this trip. The are beautiful in every way and show the love of God constantly. - Meghan


I have really felt God working on this trip in San Luis. I was nervous when I first arrived, but God showed me that language barriers were not huge problems. With hugs, kisses and smiles, these children experienced and witnessed so much love. Also, seeing this place made me realize that faith and Christianity is not just in PA, but everywhere. God can conquer all. People accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior in jail, in rehab centers and among garbage in the dumps, and that is a blessing to see. That is what being a Christian is all about. Spreading the word and being crazy for Christ. Helping people see the way, the light in Jesus. That is what I experienced with Caring Hearts here in San Luis Mexico. - Stephanie

This trip was absolutely amazing. Not only did I get to give love and receive love from the children on a daily basis, but I was able to share my testimony with our folks whom I feel their lives were touched. Adalberto was beyond helpful and is a man on fire for God. He gave all of us so much inspiration for living for the Lord and he helped us touch many lives. - Stella

I am great with kids, it is my God given gift, yet when we met them on the first day, I was terrified to interact. I don't know Spanish, most of them don't know English. God quickly showed me that language doesn't matter at all. Through God and His love, I was blessed to form relationships with the children and share his love. When I doubted God the most, He show me amazing truth. - Benny

*The opportunity to be able to minister and give to the people at the dump site was a serious blessing to my soul.
*Also the commitment of Ken Blose and Adalberto to the ministry. They way they reach out to the people in Mexico and visitor that come on a missions trip is remarkable. They truly have the Spirit of God in them.
*I also fell in love with Ken's daughter Kendi. Her enthusiasm for the ministry and the love that has grown between her and the kids at the orphanage has been tremendous.
*I thank Caring Hearts for the chance to come and bless people's lives. - Tim

No comments: