Friday, October 2, 2009

ANONYMOUS HERO

Our friend Maria Ines Ibarra, who we support in her ministry to the shut ins, was featured recently in a news report by one of Mexico's national news programs in a segment called Anonymous Heroes. Here is the link to the report:

MARIA INES VIDEO REPORT


And here is the translation of the report:

Narrator: The wrinkles of being forgotten, indifference and ingratitude, Francisco, who is 70 years old, picked up cans to survive in the streets of San Luis Rio Colorado, Sonora.

Francisco: She found me looking for cans near (avenida) Nuevo Leon and she said why are you living in the street, we have a little house where you can stay, and I went to live with her family.

Narrator: Maria Inez is a woman dedicated to her family, but also to a work that gives an opportunity for a dignified last steps of life for these eldery people.

Ines: When I meet someone, like him, I cannot be indifferent to their pain, it becomes my pain, and it doesn’t matter what has happened to them, I try to help them the best I can.

Narrator: Maria Inez is the mother of four children and has opened up her home to these needy elderly people.

Ines: I have had 5 who I have cared for who have passed away. One I took care of for 2 years, another 3 years. I was taking care of two in their homes at the same time that I had to change their diapers, bathe them feed them and care for their wounds, and now I think, now that they have passed on , how did I have time, I would go three times a day to each one.

Ines’ Dad: It makes feel good that my daughter helps people who truly need help, because we don’t know that we may be in the same place someday.

Narrator: She visits other to give out food items.

Salvador: She visits me and has helped me a lot. I suffer a lot, and my legs are tired, but she helps me, with a little or a lot.

Narrator: Maria Ines is tireless.

Ines: In a typical time out, I take my kids to school and take some to the elderly day care center, others I take to the hospital and help with their medicines.

Narrator: Her six brothers and sisters have joined together with her because they learned from their parents to help their neighbor without expecting anything in return.

Ines´ Dad: I have seen families where the children have abandoned their parents, even though they have a good life and could help them, but they abandon them like they were animals.

We are proud of Ines, and she deserves this honor, she truly is a hero to the people she ministers too, and we are happy we can be a part of what God is doing through her. Please take some time and see the brief report, and pray for Ines.

No comments: