Wednesday, August 19, 2009

SONLIGHT TESTIMONIES

Here are some testimonies from the Sonlight Missions team who were with us at the end of July:

Being on a mission trip to San Luis is truly a life changing experience! My faith has grown while we have ministered to the people here and I feel blessed to have been a part of God´s work in San Luis. I am looking forward to coming back soon as the Lord allows. - Janice

I had been to San Luis twice as a teenager 5 years ago. This year I had so many things going on with work, college, my friends and home church that I was dreading leaving my comfort zone in PA to come to Mexico. I have been so blessed by the children and people here in San Luis, I could not imagine if I chose not to come. I love the children here at Bethel and the Oasis and can`t wait to come back and see them. - Alysia

This my fourth trip to San Luis. I have not been since 2003 because of some family issues, but most of just getting absorbed in the business of life. Coming this time just reinforced how much I love it here. The people are so kind and accepting. It was good to see my friends Adalberto and Ernie. There is nothing about being here that I don´t love...This trip refreshed me spiritually and got me back in touch with what is really important. Thanks for making this possible. - Scott

This was my third time coming to San Luis, and this trip was just as amazing as the first two. Coming back and seeing not only new faces, but the old faces as well was wonderful. My heart is touched countless times as I give to others and even more as I receive so much more than I am able to give out. Can´t wait to come back next year! - Laken

This is my third trip to San Luis and I do sing to show my love for God BUT I have never given a testimony. At the jail God put it in my heart to share what was in my heart. I was so nervous but because of my testimony a woman was given hope! She had been in jail 9 years. Her 7 year old son and her family have yet to be informed that she is in jail. I told them the footprints story. God never leaves us even in our darkest moments. - Jessica

I have been blessed greatly by being in San Luis this week. This has been my second year and I hope to come for many years in the future. The kids at Bethel are awesome! I love them! - Tammy

This was my third mission trip and certainly not my last. The mission work at Bethel, Oasis, street ministry, nursing home, and shut ins was an absolute phenomenal experience. We are able to do so little, but so little is so much more than nothing. What I bring home from the trip is so much more than I could ever possibly ever give. I leave here blessed, knowing that God is at work in San Luis - Joy

This is my second time coming and it by far surpasses my previous trip. We had a great team, great projects, and we have a great God. Every time I turn around God is doing something amazing in San Luis. He not only has blessed this city, he also blessed me. - Jozie

For my second trip to San Luis, Mexico, I can say that I thought I would be coming to bless, but I am leaving with more blessing than I had even planned to come and give. This trip to Mexico has opened my eyes to humble myself. We took a trip to the shut-ins one of the days we were here. To actually see the homes of the local people has touched my heart. Also this year I have spent more time with the Bethel children. Just their smiles make you want to back. The way their faces stay in your minds and the way they touch your hearts is impossible to describe in words. But like I said, I came down to bless, but I am leaving more blessed than I could have ever imagined even giving. - Morgan

It was another great trip. The shut ins touched all our hearts. You take such good care of the kids and the boys at Oasis. I am so glad that they have you guys. Keep up the good work. - Sharon

I have been coming here for 8 years. It gets better every time I come. The new ministries are just great. Ken and Juana Blose are a God send. Adalberto, what a great man of God. He puts me in mind of Paul. I will continue to come back. This is where my heart is. - Bill

No comments: