Monday, March 16, 2009

GROUP TESTIMONY



Here is a testimony from a couple who visited us last week. They posted it as a comment on my safety article, but I wanted to put it here on the front page so all could see. If you are still concerned for safety, I hope this testimony puts your mind at ease. Right now we have 50 people here, and 40 are college student who are running around left and right without fear, and they have commented they have had no need to fear. Here is Bob and Lori's testimony:

Hola! My husband nd I just got home from a very upclose & personal visit to Bethel Orphanage during the week of March 2~9, and Yes! We were called and it is safe! We started out by meeting with Adalberto, Ken & Patty. My husband and the boys at Oasis built a closet for Patty on Tuesday & Wednesday. We did some painting & framework at Ken's on Thursday; on Friday we visited the Nursing Home & Women's Rehab ending with some shopping near the border. Saturday, before we left we delivered ice cream to the Soup Kitchen and mingled with the people there. We had a rental car and came and went pretty much on our own. We loved on, and played with the children, had pizza parties, ice cream and had devotions. I can honestly say that I never once felt afraid or threatned by anyone or anything. God is alive and well in San Luis and the people are hungry for love, attention, the word, food and any kind of help those of us who are more fortunate can give them. Ken's blog "Is It Safe? Am I Called?" is right on. ~Lori (&Robert) Laskovics

No comments: