Thursday, April 7, 2011

A BUSY MARCH

I am just getting caught up after a busy March, and am finally getting to write a report for YOU, the Caring Hearts of Caring Hearts.

The first week of March we had a small group from different churches and Geneva College visit us.  They did some painting at the Kino school and spent quality time with the kids of Bethel and Oasis.  They also visited the soup kitchen and shut ins.  Here are some pictures:





After this group left, our friends from Chi Alpha of Embery Riddle and Arizona State University came in.  The Embery-Riddle students put on some roofs and played soccer with the boys.  They also held some carnivals for kids at the soup kitchen, Bethel and a poor neighborhood.  The Arizona State group ministered with the children, the dump, visited shut ins and helped with our Kino painting project.  Here are some pictures:









Shortly after our spring breakers left, a large group from Albany Oregon came in.  They worked a few days in another town with another pastor, then spent three days with us, ministering in the street and churches, with the shut ins and our kids.  This is a family group that brings young children, a real testimony of the safety we find here with Caring Hearts in San Luis.  Here are some pictures and testimonies









I took a mission trip from the U.S.  to Mexico in March of 2011.  We stayed at Caring Hearts.  We came here to help feed the people and spread the good word to a place less privileged than the U.S.  We shared some of the most amazing times with the people.  I have read in the Bible of how we are to treat our neighbors.  Well I have never experienced that till I spent time here.  People who have very little fed us better than themselves.  Some families eat meat once every three months.  Those same people fed 30 of us all the time.  Kids had us autograph their shirts just because we were Americans.  I live in the U.S. and I don't feel like we are that great.  In fact, it is the people in Mexico who are great despite what it looks like they don't have.  It is the last night here and I find myself wanting to stay.  If not for the responsibilities back home, I think things would be different.  - John

Going to the dump was an eye opening experience.  I expected the adults, but seeing all the children was heart wrenching - Kristen

This trip was awesome!  I had a really good time.  I made new friends.  All the kids are so nice.   I really liked doing a drama for the people in the park, and on the streets, and in churches.  One of the best things for me was going to the dump.  I can't imagine living in a ton of garbage.  I liked passing out food.  I will miss all the kids and being here. - Adam

Coming to Caring Hearts made me realize that in America, we take so much for granted.  It seems as if here in Mexico, everyone puts family right after God.  They spend so much time with their family.  In America, it seems as if work comes before everything, including God.  When we return home, my husband and I are going to work on spending more time together.  - Shannon

No comments: