Friday, February 25, 2011

DON'T GIVE UP - A MESSAGE FROM PASTOR GARY


“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will

reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Gal. 6:9       

 I’ve found that starting things is easy, finishing them is another thing. A while back we decided to paint our dining room. The job seemed simple enough; blue walls, white ceiling, and white on the trim. First I had to move the furniture to the center of the room and cover it. Then I had to remove pictures and shelves, patch plaster, sand and prime it. Most of the hard work took place before I ever opened a can of paint. But then, of course, there was the painting. The ceiling was first and rolling overhead will remind you of how many muscles there are in your neck and shoulders that seldom get used. Then the walls, rolling them is easy enough, but you have to cut in all the edges of the ceiling; a task that requires patience and a steady hand. Finally the trim. I don’t know why I never noticed before that the dining room had 3 doors and a large window with intricate trim that required a lot of time and effort to paint. I have to confess that my technique and attention to detail was not as good at the end as it was at the beginning.

This same thing can happen to you in your walk with Christ. Plans to fast, pray, give and serve are easy to make, but hard to carry out. Commitment to a ministry or a cause can begin to falter when you don’t see the results you want as quickly as you want.

Up here in Western PA, in the snowy cold gray days of winter, it is easy to forget about the Orphanage, Boy’s Home, Feeding Station, Bible School and Blind Ministry. When I sit down to write a check to support a child, read this Newsletter or check Ken’s E-Mail reports, I am reminded that I am part of a great ministry that is already providing a harvest of souls in the Kingdom of God. I encourage you to remember that you are part of something great that God is doing. Don’t give up! The fruit of Caring Hearts Ministries is growing richer every day.

God Bless
Pastor Gary

No comments: