Tuesday, December 14, 2010

NOVEMBER TESTIMONIES

I am finally getting caught up.  We are still real busy, working on the blind center, finishing up the first half of the school year, and working with Christmas visitors.  I have some testimonies from the November groups I want to share with you.  I hope you enjoy reading what God did through the group from Walnut Grove Assembly of God.  



This was my first missions trip and I pray that I will not forget the experiences from here.  All of the individuals that I met seem to be genuinely happy.  You know that the folks here at Bethel love and care for one another.  The building project and other outreach events were fun and a great learning experience.  The people here love one another and love the Lord Jesus.  That will be what I remember the most. – Jim

It is just a blessing to come to San Luis and work for the Lord.  This is my fourth trip and the Lord makes each trip new and wonderful.  Thanks to all the Caring Heart staff for their hard work to make the trip run smooth. – Bill

I was amazed at how joyful those children are.  They have only just the basics and are still so happy.  Watching them makes you realize how ungrateful you can be for what God has blessed you with.  Also, how easily and brightly the light of God shines through people down here is astounding.  They are so kind and thankful and understanding.  The trip has only strengthened my walk with Christ and makes me want to do more missions.  – Eric

This was mine and Bobbys' first trip to lead a group for a mission to San Luis.  We had a small group and consider it Gods' grace so that we can ease into this and learn as we go.  We worked on Marcelos' family house painting, installing doors, plumbed a bathroom and installed the tub and toilet and built a room on the back for storage.  We only had six others for a total of eight in our group, but with Gods' help, lots of prayer, and fellowship we got a lot of work done, with no injuries or sickness - Praise His Name!  Marcelo himself and a brother and friend Javier and Adalberto were with us every day.  It is every mans' testimony that they learned from Marcelo and Javier and vice versa.  We visited the rehab center, the jail and the dump to minister at each and walked away incredibly blessed by the faith and love of God that some already knew and how we watched some come to know.  It is such an honor to serve such a mighty and wonderful God and to be used by him to serve such wonderful, loving people.  The people of San Luis.  Bless you always. – LorI

This is my third trip and Lord willing not my last.  Love to be part of Walnut Grove Mission Team and contribute in any way I can.  John

No comments: