Friday, July 16, 2010

RED ZONE GROUP

We were blessed last month with a group from the Red Zone group from the Monroeville Assembly of God. They painted a school and ministered in different ways throughout San Luis. Papa Harold was on hand with several of his grandkids. I will let them tell their story with testimonies and photos.

This was my first mission trip out of the country. I tend to struggle with fear and I was feeling somewhat anxious about this trip. But when I came to San Luis, I began to see the beautiful ministry that Caring Hearts does for the community and I began to realize that when I give in to fear – I am not the only one who misses out on the opportunities that God has for me. The people whom God wants me to minister to also miss out. That completely changed my perspective. That thought helped me to step out to minister so much more while in San Luis. I was very blessed to have been a part of this trip. – Rebecca

It really struck me how well behaved, good-natured, mature and happy the kids are at Bethel and Oasis. I can’t think of any kids in the United States that are better behaved and respectful. Caring Hearts has given a wonderful opportunity to these kids and it is an amazing thing to see – Lindsey

It has been incredible how much God has impacted my spiritual journey and my life in general for this trip. I was thinking about how much I would be used by God to help the people here in San Luis grow closer to Him, but I did not give any thought to how this mission trip would help strengthen my relationship with God. From ministering to the shut-ins, at the drug rehab center - El Rancho - to handing out rice and beans and preaching the Word of God in the prison. I have seen God’s work first hand and I hope that I have been as much of a blessing to the people of San Luis as they and God have been to me. I am so thankful that God gave me this opportunity to reach people and grow closer to Him, - Zach

God truly is everywhere and I got to experience Him in an even greater way than ever before here in San Luis, Mexico! You could see Jesus in the faces of His people here. As we prepared ourselves to go out we asked for God to show up and He never failed to meet us in such a real way. There were no barriers between us and the people. No walls, no English/Spanish issues, just God and open hearts waiting to receive. It was amazing to see how God focused ALL of our hearts separately on the same topics. All our studies lined up with each others and our unity was strong through the Word of God. Miracles were happening before our eyes. A woman with Parkinson’s was given peace to her soul and body. She walked around showing her steady hand and claiming Jesus name. God gave us visions for His people and words of wisdom. We strengthened tired and weary believers with his word. And he brought us joy and strength through out the trip. I will never forget San Luis, Mexico and nor do I think that this will be my only trip here. God is moving here and this place is on its way to a revival that I would gladly be a part of. I thank God for letting me be a part of His plan. All the glory to God! – Brittany

The staff we worked with at Caring Hearts was great. Adalberto, Javier and Virginia were sweet to do ministry with. I learned a few things about myself, Do’s Word and people. It was a growing experience. – Derek

My experience with Caring Hearts was one I will never forget. I wasn’t sure how I could make an impact but by the end of the week, I knew I had. Lazara, one of the older girls, wanted to learn how to cut hair and I was able to teach her some. More importantly, I felt I was building her spirit to show her God’s love. She is a shy and quiet girl who has had many hardships but I can see how this place can change people. – Kay

My pop pop, “ Papa Harold” enjoys calling on different people in the group to speak at different times. Had I been called on in a church service here at Bethel church or Manuel’s I would have liked to share the following:

I have been overwhelmed the warm welcome from those that live here in San Luis. With a group of 25 adults, I did not expect so many to make us meals, give up their seats in services, allow us to use there yards for ministry, or even their banos for complete strangers. Secondly, I would say that I am honored to have been able to serve alongside those serving here in San Luis, I have been a “frequenter” of Bethel for many years with Caring Hearts Ministries, and have seen a tremendous growth in the body of Christ here. When driving throughout the city, one can see many established places of worship. When ministering in the villages, it was evident that most have heard the Word of God. Even in the heat of the summer, quite a large number of people gather at the soup kitchen for Bible study. I believe that our group could have gone to a church service every night had we wanted to. The few that we did visit were completely packed with standing room only. This is evidence to me that those here are laboring for the Kingdom and making disciples. Those leaders and laborers in San Luis, those that live here are doing it right. Their city is being blessed by it. Christ is glorified in it. I am honored to serve with them. I only wish I saw the same growth in the United States. I want to know when San Luis can bring a group of missionaries to my home. In hope that these words would be encouraging to the body, I would have like to share this with the church in San Luis, Mexico. -Kristi






No comments: